Dr.sc.nat. ETH Otto E. Martin
Vocational training/education and occupation:
- Born in 1952 in Lucerne (Switzerland)
- Primary and secondary school in Lucerne, Swiss “Matura” (general qualification for university entrance) in 1972
- Studies at the ETH in Zurich in natural sciences with physics major, diploma awarded in 1977
- Collaboration over several months with a research group of BBC (Baden-Dätwil) and Landis & Gyr (Zug) in 1978
- Started to work in 1979 on a research paper at the crystallographic institute at the ETH Zurich, been awarded the doctor’s degree in autumn 1982
- Working in the domain of eye prosthetics since 1983
Leisure time: Several topics have been keeping me interested in my life: The most important one is offshore sailing in all its facets in the far north (Spitsbergen, Iceland, Greenland and Scotland) as in the Mediterranean.
Karl-Ludwig MartinVocational training/education and occupation:
- Born in 1956 in Lucerne (Switzerland)
- Primary school and teacher trainee college in Lucerne, diploma awarded in 1979
- Vocational training as ocularist
- Scientific research in collaboration with the plastic surgery at the university hospital in Zurich (PD Dr. med. L. Clodius)
- Married, father of a daughter and a son
Leisure time: Sport in any way: Hiking, skiing and sailing. I’m also an enthusiastic dancer and take place in international tournaments in standard (ballroom) dancing with my wife.